Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Mother's Daughter

I put the saran wrap away in the fridge the other night.  As soon as I shut the door, turned around and saw my husband looking at me with a funny look on his face....I knew.  I walked into a room the other day with great purpose only to find that I had forgotten what my mission was.  Sometimes, and this is no lie, I call my cell phone just so I can find it.  Am I becoming my mothers daughter after all?  We both love shoes, vacations and sappy chick flicks.  Unlike my mother, I have not recently hallucinated any men in the tree in my front yard.  Time will tell I suppose.  I have certainly thought about our genes from time to time,  though I must admit that I believe that as we all live longer...we will all start howling at the moon at some point.  I exercise my brain, I stopped smoking anything illegal in 1980 and I surround myself with family and friends that are at least half as funky as I.

I'm thinking hormones are to blame for the saran wrap and other questionable acts.  Hey...works for me.  Now, if I could just find where I parked my car...........................

1 comment:

  1. "Time will tell I suppose."
    Maybe, or maybe not. The litmus test in this is that if you wonder if you are,you're not.
    You're just thinking too much.
    My socks are in the oven. Hugs to your mom.

    ReplyDelete